Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fast Fall...

Wow.. It has been a while. But i don't think I have honestly been able to sit down long enough to post a blog - or maybe I just haven't been motivated to.

So...
Hello friends!

It has been a busy last couple of weeks! Seriously. But now, fall is going to get even FASTER...

1. NEW JOB! Wahoo! This job is a TOTAL answer to prayer. I had a peace this whole year in regards to where God was leading me because i KNEW He was leading. Don't get me wrong, there were moments when I said "I have NO idea what You're doing, God. I have NO idea what I will be doing this fall." But I did know that I had some options, some possibilities... but then, WHAM! God opens a door. It is NOTHING i could have done on my own ... NOTHING. And now, i'm more than excited for my future. .... The places this job could possibly open doors to is exciting. --- Like I wrote in my very first blog post, I love RJ.

2. Young adults. Wowzers.... I'm involved in 2 young adults groups. One being my home church's and the other, the city/valley-wide one. My church's young adults is doing a major re-vamp - going from having 400 young adults coming out to a staring over... We met Saturday to discuss what we want to see happen and such, and I'm excited for the 'casual' feel we want to take to start and see where God wants to lead. Our city wide gathering ("12") will be monthly *YAY!* and our kickoff is on the 25th. Somehow I was recruited to MC the event.... *gulp* but... it'll be fine. Even tho we're expecting about 250 people, they're all amazing, I know it! Haha.

3. Friends. Wow. I know some amazing persons. For real I do. I'm honored, daily, ...and humbled. I have my TC Boys who teach me things on a regular basis - their Wednesday public chapel I try to attend (and can with the flexibility my new job!). Aside from their jokes about how i'm not addicted to drugs - yet- , or haven't been drunk - yet-, or corrupted -yet-, they're continually holding me to a higher God-fearing accountability. I have been swimming in their staff house pool at 10pm (COLD!) and played cards there until 1:30am. I've been asked to help out with their Golf Tournament fundraiser coming up this Friday (I get a t-shirt! Score!). They are some of the most amazing men I have ever met. For real.
I have also been hanging out with another guy who has recently become a great challenging brother in faith. He has layed out some things for me to think about - nothing I can talk about right now, but encouraging yet challenging things.
I have a good set of girlfriends that I can talk to about anything and everything... I hang out with a couple different groups and do random events quite often. I can't say enough good stuff about my amazing friends.
3b. I'm planning a surprise party for one of my TC boys next week. He will be clean for 2 years and he's SO excited about that. I think it's pretty amazing.... it's the least I can do for him.

4. I'm thinking about taking the 'next' step in life and buying a condo or apartment here. I know Im ready to move out... and now that I am in a 'career' position, there is no better time. .. we'll see....

....
life is good. it's busy. there's something going on every night it seems ... but tonite i decided to opt out of 3 events to have a quiet night in.

-and no, no boyfriend. Just amazing friends who are filling that spot right now. They love me when I'm lonely, encourage me when I'm sad, and continue to push me to look to Christ for all things. I couldn't ask for a better place to be right now than where I'm at.

Praise God for that.

No comments: